Hendricks Power Cooperative is now accepting applications for the position of Energy Services Advisor in Avon, Indiana.
Hendricks Power is a rural electric cooperative which focuses on distributing electric service to members in four counties.
The Energy Services Advisor will provide businesses and residential members advice and education to improve energy efficiency and minimize costs. This includes scheduling and performing energy efficiency audits at the member’s home or business utilizing HPC equipment to inspect and troubleshoot performance of mechanical and electrical systems, insulation levels and air infiltration; preparing detailed reports and recommendations based on individual cases; researching member billing inquiries; data collection and analysis; educating members on rates, member support applications, efficiency efforts, and products and services such as renewable interconnection, electric vehicles and solar; managing efficiency rebates, incentives and load management programs. This individual will maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, efficiency strategies and consumer programs in energy industry and provide input into product, program, and software development.
The Energy Services Advisor also performs electrical safety program and basic circuit instruction to local schools and youth organizations, and represents the Cooperative at sponsored community functions, including after normal working hours as needed.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills that is comfortable presenting to groups and working independently.
Preferred candidates will possess the qualifications listed below.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or Formal Trade school preferred
- BPI (Building Performance Institute/Building Analyst) certification or ability to obtain
- 3+ years of experience with program management
- 3+ years of experience with customer service
- 3+ years of experience/knowledge with construction
- Knowledge of electrical and HVAC equipment, wiring, building principles, building performance standards, schematics, diagrams, and blueprints
- 3+ years of experience within the electrical utility industry preferred
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Personal & Position Qualifications
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and frequent interaction with others, both in person and through phone, email, and written correspondence.
- Must have advanced proficiency using a computer, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, the internet, complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Must have he ability to use camera and operate complex equipment safely to perform energy audits.
- Must have the physical ability to push, pull, lift, carry, and move up to 30 pounds.
- Must have the physical ability to work indoors, climb ladders and enter crawl spaces and attics in various environments.
- Must have the physical ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions including inclement weather and extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to walk on various terrains and be exposed to loud noises, dirt/dust, fumes/odors both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to frequently and safely operate a non-commercial cooperative vehicle and drive throughout the cooperative’s territory.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to describe and explain complicated or sensitive information, the ability to motivate others, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and strong listening skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, members, customers, and others.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and manage tasks and time effectively for self.
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be comfortable and skilled presenting to groups or working one-on one with employees and others.
- Must have ability to work evenings or weekends and occasionally travel outside of Hendricks Power territory.
Interested and potentially qualified applicants apply below.