Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You’ll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
- No Sweat – we offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, cash for gym fees and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a discounted Fitbit to keep you on track!
- Flex Time – our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
- Stay in School – we value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Keep it Casual – when you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office, and we make them look good!
- Work Hard, Play Hard – we reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to 5 weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
You will assist with handling a wide variety of administrative duties while presenting a helpful and positive presence in the workplace. In addition, you will also:
- Greet and sign in visitors, guide them to the appropriate location and make them feel welcome.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipate needed supplies, place and expedite orders for supplies, and verify receipt. Ensure teams have everything they need to succeed.
- Plan and schedule meetings and other office-related events.
- Coordinate all corporate catering requests including ordering, setup, and cleanup.
- Manage communication of information in and out of the office including correspondence letters, emails, memos etc.
- Support staff from multiple departments with general office support tasks including the preparation of presentation materials, documents, invoices, scanning, generating reports, conducting research, and various other administrative support functions.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
You love to exceed expectations, apply excellent customer service to generate solutions and promptly respond to requests. You love working with people in a member-focused cooperative environment. You are an excellent communicator with an attention to detail and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
- High school diploma
- 5+ years of providing administrative assistance
- General knowledge of office management practices and procedures
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office products