The dispatcher directs the operation of the cooperative’s electrical network through communication technology and operational software, provides information and instruction to crews, ensures operational safety and efficiency, and ensures member service through notification and consultation with members concerning electrical service issues.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Creates and dispatches work orders, service orders, outage tickets, vegetation management work orders, and requests utility locates.
· Responds to and manages outage situations by leveraging operational software and various communication methods.
· Operates field devices via SCADA for purposes of outage restoration and planned work orders.
· Maintains logs of daily activities, outages, locates, service orders, and all other required operational documentation.
· Notifies members of planned and unplanned outages and answers member service call questions and inquiries concerning all operational aspects of their electrical service.
· Reviews and archives data from field crews.
· Updates and maintains operational data in mapping software and other operational software applications.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
· Possess excellent customer service skills effectively dealing with a variety of people under difficult circumstances.
· Must have ability to pay close attention to detail as it relates to electrical safety and system operations.
· Must be well organized and have the ability to clearly express oneself in verbal and written communication.
· Must be able to think analytically, reading and analyzing data to make decisions when needed.
· Possesses strong computer skills in MS Office, operational database applications, and mapping software.