EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Two years of experience in application and/or report development.
- Fluent in data management, harvesting, and analysis. Able to generate useful reports.
- Understanding of SQL (Structured Query Language) in ORACLE and/or Microsoft SQL Server 2008+.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of NREMC operations, products, policies and services.
- Understands and adheres to the safety rules in the NREMC Safety manual.
- Experience with relational database design and Report Development.
- Good organization skills that accurately scope the length and difficulty of tasks and/or projects. Able to set objectives and goals to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
- Treats people with respect and keeps organizational commitments. Works ethically and with integrity.
- The ability to communicate patiently, respectfully, and effectively with clarity and good effect. Able to give and understand instructions or orders clearly.
- Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works cooperatively and effectively in diverse teams with the ability to resolve conflicts if necessary.
- Is a dependable worker that has the ability to be trusted or relied upon.
- Ability to use good judgement when making decisions, that are sound, accurate, safe and supported by the inclusion of appropriate people within an appropriate time-frame.
- Work with coworkers to address inquiries and resolve technical software issues. Provides support in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to work on most phases of application systems analysis and programming.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Other reasonably related job duties may be assigned
- Perform system analysis by working with project stakeholders to define the problem using existing business models and data flows to understand the problem domain.
- Manage new and existing projects by analyzing the needs of the project and document requirements. Develop a plan to utilize existing systems and/or develop components required to provide a solution.
- Follow a consistent life cycle to investigate, analyze, design, develop, code, test, implement, and maintain solutions.
- Maintain written documentation of the process and communication with stakeholders keeping them well informed of the project’s progression.
- Train users on custom developments and advanced uses of existing systems.
- Perform advanced SQL query development against third-party application datasets.
- Create custom report development utilizing current technologies and create solutions utilizing Web Services.
- Heavily document and version control custom solutions.
- Develop detailed understanding of many systems integration points and implement interface customizations as needed to meet business objectives.
- Support third-party application interfaces by troubleshooting error sources and working with vendors for resolution.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position includes mostly sedentary work with occasional physical excursion. Can be subject to lifting up to 100 lb. when involved in activities such as installing and removing equipment. Visual acuity and precise overall motor skills required.
Flexible working environment that allows for inside and outside office work. This position is full-time and works regularly within business operating hours of Monday through Friday with occasional weekends and after-hours required for travel or other activities.