Would you like to be our next Distribution System Operator?
Are you the one people turn to for swift strategies and practical planning? Do you thrive on taking the reins to guide situations toward optimal outcomes? Are you always considering ways to improve processes? Can you combine courtesy, confidence and collaboration when coordinating resources to resolve electric outages?
Tipmont’s Distribution System Operator opportunity may be perfect for you!
You will align all the necessary staff and resources required for Tipmont’s efficient, effective and safe resolution of scheduled / unscheduled service outages. Amid rapidly evolving scenarios, you will also maintain flexibility, agility and clarity while coordinating and communicating with members, employees and management.
This position will require availability as needed during major outages — which may occur outside of traditional business hours.
If you can picture yourself collaborating with an amazing team of hard-working, adaptable colleagues, Tipmont may be your next employer!
Duties that intrigue you include:
- Coordinating, organizing and scheduling the staff and resources required to resolve scheduled / unscheduled outages and restore electric service.
- Processing incoming information to provide crews with quick, accurate and essential details to identify issues and restore service.
- Monitoring crews and field communications.
- Delivering clear, concise and prompt updates to communications staff regarding service outage causes and durations.
- Maintaining and operating systems for outage management, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI).
- Analyzing team efficiencies to identify and implement opportunities for strategic improvement and innovation.
- Creating, routing, scheduling and assigning service orders to appropriate personnel.
- Overseeing routing modifications.
You will join a company where all employees live by corporate values of innovation, public-service heart, passion, respect and making an impact. We do more than just speak to those values. We live them out every day — and so will you!
We offer an excellent benefits package, which includes: medical, dental and life insurance; 401(k) matching and a pension retirement plan; education reimbursement; and many opportunities for professional growth and mentoring.
Required Credentials / Skills:
- High school degree / GED equivalent or technical knowledge in a related field.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to ensure job-site safety.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Outstanding aptitude for problem-solving.
- Instincts to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Effective collaboration with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Ability to read maps and understand and interpret map legends.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring concepts.
- Basic knowledge of advanced metering infrastructure (AMI).
- Ability to understand and utilize outage-related technology systems.
Tipmont is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you have a question about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls will not be accepted.