Oversees development and implementation of industrial and large commercial recruitment and site development programs, as well as programs to encourage the retention and expansion of existing industry, in close cooperation with Hoosier Energy’s Member REMCs/RECs for the purposes of diversifying customer base and load profile, enhancing community economic development and reducing wholesale power costs. Supports the Hoosier Energy electric system marketing program and initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides assistance and support in a variety of economic development programs and initiatives by organizing, controlling and coordinating program activities. Includes significant direct contact with Member System management and prospective new businesses. Represents Member System served sites, pricing and services in the presentation of proposals for service. Operates in a competitive environment while partnering with prospective business, state and local elected and appointed officials, builders, brokers, railroads, and other utilities.
- Promotes, negotiates and provides logistical support that will encourage development of sites that are ready for timely location of new industry in the Hoosier Energy service area. Works with Member REMCs/RECs, local development organization officials and others to identify prospective industrial or commercial building, sites and locations amenable to timely development/construction. Assists these groups in the development of infrastructure, project financing, and community-based programs to improve site and community marketability. Coordinates data collection mapping, brochures, aerial photographs and other materials as required.
- Performs assignments involving research and logistical tasks that will determine the feasibility or achieve the development and implementation of new business ventures within the Member Systems service areas. Stays abreast of economic development techniques and technologies and researches innovations, alternative and/or expansions of economic development, with emphasis on logistics, economy and service. Stays abreast of various research tools/technologies.
- Provides or conducts training presentation and audiovisual services, as well as consultative expertise, to General Managers, Member Service Directors and other appropriate staff of the Member Systems in the development and implementation of their individual objectives, programs and activities and support material. Participates and provides services for specific working groups for the development of industrial recruiting, advertising, communication, rate design of other economic development or marketing efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Engineering or related area
- 5 years’ minimum of progressive economic development experience in community and industrial relations, communications and/or marketing
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated level of professionalism, positive attitude and ability to motivate others
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills to identify, anticipate and resolve problems at hand
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to effectively negotiate terms, agreements and understandings with others
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Public presentation skills
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain Passport upon hire
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran