Carroll White Rural Electric Membership Corporation (REMC) is a non-profit, member-owned, electric utility servicing members in nine counties from two facility locations. Carroll White REMC’s mission is creatively enhancing our community through safety and service.
RESPONSIBILITIES: As a Director of IT, you will lead the design, procurement, uptime/ time priorities, levels of security, maintenance, documentation, and adoption of Carroll White’s Information Technology (IT) systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading projects to meet their defined objectives with measurable outcomes that demonstrate their success. This includes but is not limited to analyzing the needs of projects, document requirements, develop a plan to meet the project objectives, evaluating and managing project communication plans, and implementing change management techniques throughout each project.
- Participately develops and leads the strategy for selection/deployment of technology applications/platforms collectively with the end-users.
- Develops a positive working relationship with and an understanding of the work performed by all functions across the organization to meet their stated and unstated needs.
- Negotiates and administers vendor/consultant contracts and agreements in collaboration with other departments.
- Oversees the technology project portfolio and regularly coordinates with functional groups to prioritize and scope solutions that solve their business problems.
- Creates policies, standardizes procedures and develops employee training to ensure data integrity, quality and security.
- Responsible for procurement, deployment, development, maintenance, records management and support of all Information Technology systems.
- Responsible for maintaining the security and effectiveness of cooperative information systems.
- Develops, manages, and monitors budget for each functional area including operational budgets, capital budgets, and long-term work plans.
- Develop long-term plans, organizational goals, and policy recommendations by collaborating with senior leadership and the Board of Directors to optimize member value.
- Develop, assign, and monitor strategic objectives that impact organizational goals with functional area supervisors.
- Develop and utilize metrics to determine department productivity, quality of output, and cost of service. Develop methods to continually improve results.
- Responsible for promptly and efficiently investigating and solving user hardware, software, and network issues with patience and a positive attitude.
- Keeps detailed records of issues to identify and address the sources of common problems.
- Communication and Relationship Skills:Maintain a professional image, demonstrate the cooperative principles, and adapt to change; strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal communication skills; maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding member information and other sensitive information.
- Analytical and Judgment Skills:Good decision making and problem-solving abilities; ability to make informed decisions efficiently and effectively; ability to work with limited oversight
- Planning and Organizational Skills:Ability to prioritize, organize and manage tasks and time effectively; ability to consistently meet deadlines; ability to work efficiently in conjunction with other organizations and/or departments
- Financial Skills:Good mathematical abilities, including the ability to analyze, interpret, process and report on data; above average detail orientation and ability to ensure accuracy of information for self and others
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer technology or related information technology field
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience in the administration of management, information systems, and operation of data processing equipment
DESIRED 7 COOPERATIVE PRINCIPAL COMMITMENTS:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member’s Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training, and Information
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives
- Concern for the Community
CULTURE AND BENEFITS: At Carroll White REMC we have diverse employment opportunities such as information technology, accounting, marketing, engineering and operations, to name a few. You can feel good about what you do as our staff receives satisfaction knowing that their work makes a difference by directly improving people’s lives.
Our company is big enough to allow you the opportunity to stay educated on the latest technology and training, yet small enough to maintain a personal connection with our employees. Carroll White REMC puts a lot of corporate energy into our employees’ personal growth and skills development. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable assets, so we have developed a culture which takes care of our employees by offering an excellent benefit package and by providing opportunities for the future.