Carroll White Rural Electric Membership Corporation (REMC) is a non-profit, member-owned, electric utility servicing members in nine counties from two facility locations. Carroll White REMC’s mission is creatively enhancing our community through safety and service.
As a GIS Coordinator, you will be responsible for overseeing, administrating, and maintaining the Geographical Information System (GIS) to ensure that the electrical system drawing and model, the associated database and connectivity, as well as the geographical background are accurate and current.
You will be responsible for:
- Update and make corrections to the GIS to reflect any changes made to the electrical system relating to new construction, line conversions, maintenance programs, switching operations, phase changes, etc., to ensure an accurate and current representation of the electrical system.
- Update and makes change to the GIS to reflect accurate and current geographical and land base information including but not limited to highways, roads, lakes, rivers, creeks, wetlands, city limits, town limits, district lines, tax districts, service territories, easements, Board districts, property lines, and developments.
- Perform field inspections on overhead and underground lines and equipment to verify the accuracy of the GIS, update the system accordingly, and report discrepancies or hazardous conditions as needed to the appropriate personnel.
- Operate GPS equipment in the field to attach real-world coordinates to the associated location in GIS.
- Post the proposed system improvements included in the Long Range Work Plan (LWP), the 4-year Construction Work Plan (CWP), and proposed developments within the Cooperatives service territory to the proposed layer of the GIS for review by all interested Cooperative personnel.
- Provide specialized maps as needed by various Cooperative personnel across all types of devices and formats.
- Integrate Right-of-Way (ROW) records into GIS and prepares reports in graphical format.
- Use the GIS to maintain all pertinent size, type, assembly, configuration, joint use, and the maintenance data on electrical distribution system poles, lines and equipment and generates related reports as needed.
- Maintains, updates, and ensures accuracy of equipment numbers, pole numbers, and line and taps in the field within the GIS system.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills:Strong interpersonal communication skills to work closely with members, other employees, and businesses on a regular basis.
- Strong analytical and judgement skills:Good decision-making and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to make judgments based on interpretation of information and when others’ opinions may be in conflict.
- Planning and organizational skills:Ability to prioritize, organize and manage tasks and time effectively to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong financial skills:Good mathematical abilities, including the ability to analyze, interpret, process, and report on data
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-year Technical Degree in GIS, electrical technology, or related field.
- Additional electrical utility and/or GIS experience preferred.
- Experience using ArcGIS, Microsoft SQL Server, and AutoCAD (or other CAD software) is a plus.
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License is required.
DESIRED 7 COOPERATIVE PRINCIPAL COMMITMENTS:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member’s Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training, and Information
- Cooperative Among Cooperatives
- Concern for the Community
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
At Carroll White REMC we have diverse employment opportunities such as information technology, accounting, marketing, engineering, and operations, to name a few. You can feel good about what you do as our staff receives satisfaction knowing that their work makes a difference by directly improving people’s lives.
Our company is big enough to allow you the opportunity to stay educated on the latest technology and training, yet small enough to maintain a personal connection with our employees. Carroll White REMC puts a lot of corporate energy into our employees’ personal growth and skills development. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable assets, so we have developed a culture which takes care of our employees by offering an excellent benefit package and by providing opportunities for the future.