South Central Indiana REMC (SCI REMC) is a not-for-profit electric distribution, member-owned cooperative. The cooperative is a leader in distribution technology and is headquartered in a new and progressive facility in Martinsville, Indiana. SCI REMC serves seven counties including Morgan, Monroe, Owen, Brown, Johnson, Putnam, and Clay with over 3,542 miles of energized lines and 33,549 meters serving 29,000 members. SCI REMC also has a fiber division that offers broadband services to its members’ homes and business
The general objectives for this position include:
- Rendering professional service that will promote goodwill between the REMC and its members.
- Performing the required work in connection with providing efficient service in the keeping of consumers’ confidential records and accounts, including remittance, for assurance of accuracy and conformity with approved and accepted accounting procedures and practices.
SCI REMC offers excellent benefits including a pension plan, 401(k) matched savings, healthcare, HSA with a generous employer contribution and much more. Joining the co-op family will prove to be a welcoming, friendly experience where employees are focused on providing the best service to all members and subscribers. Join this unique, not-for-profit business that truly values employees and encourages life-long learning and development.
** QUALIFICATIONS **
Minimum of a high school diploma is required.
- Twelve months customer service experience that has required public contact.
- Experience working with accounts payable.
- Demonstrated experience with being held accountable for handling and reconciling cash transactions.
- Must have the ability to initiate and maintain records, reports, and files and keep information strictly confidential.
- Must possess mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately. Reconciling cash receipts accounts with detail and accuracy is required.
- Must be capable of learning and operating a Customer Information System, remittance processor, and other software and equipment used to process payments and record transactions.
- Must be capable of addressing any matter relating to members accounts and be able to handle difficult situations as they arise.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with members, employees, and the general public.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, is desired, but not required.
- Must be courteous and friendly and able to project a positive, capable image for the Cooperative.
- Must be professional in all aspects of the job.
- Must be regular in work attendance.
SCI REMC is an EO Employer – Minorities/Female/Disabilities/Veterans
If you are Interested in this great opportunity and meet the qualifications listed above, please apply.