If you are a skilled writer, notice the details and have a passion for creativity and growth, Indiana Electric Cooperatives might be the place for you.
Indiana Electric Cooperatives (IEC) has been around since 1935, and today our member cooperatives serve more than 1.3 million Hoosiers. At IEC, we work hard for our members and the communities we serve. We support our member cooperatives with various services that include job and safety training, government relations, regulatory compliance support, professional development and communication. We provide our members with the support they need to power their communities.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment and paid time off
- Defined pension plan (you read that right – we still have an incredible pension plan!)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Health, vision, life and disability insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Supportive culture and a work/life balance
As the communication coordinator, you’ll strive for excellence as you use your creative expertise to plan, create and execute communication projects for Indiana Electric Cooperatives and our member cooperatives. You’ll tackle a variety of writing responsibilities that might include social media, newsletters, websites, special publications and scripts for events and video. You’ll work with a team and across departments to deliver creative projects and assignments.
Internal communication support includes:
- Ensuring delivery of consistent messages aligned with IEC’s initiatives and style while working collaboratively with staff to ensure timely and accurate message delivery.
- Writing creative and compelling articles, copy, scripts and other communication for IEC’s website, newsletters, special publications and videos.
- Coordinating the consistent and on-time production and delivery of IEC’s digital newsletters.
- Updating the IEC website as needed and serving as an internal resource for user approval and website maintenance and updates.
- Supporting the vice president of communication with IEC’s media relations.
- Assessing and reporting on the effectiveness of IEC’s communication tools, providing innovative ideas and advising on best practices for multiple target audiences.
Member cooperative communication support includes:
- Facilitating the production of communication resources from conceptualization through distribution to support member cooperatives’ communication needs. This includes orchestrating content development and design.
- Coordinating IEC’s member cooperative annual meeting support.
- Evaluating member cooperative communication resource needs and facilitating the production of materials to meet those needs.
- Writing engaging and educational articles, news releases, website content, special publications and video scripts for member cooperatives as needed.
- Serving as the staff liaison for IEC’s professional group focused on customer service representatives.
- Assisting other IEC departments and staff with programs and projects as requested.
- Participating in department planning activities, including goal setting, strategic planning and budgeting.
- Supporting the vice president of communication with communication and fundraising projects to promote and sustain Project Indiana.
- Serving as an annual IEC staff chaperone for Indiana Youth Tour and supporting the pre-trip planning as needed.
- Coordinating the production of the annual IEC membership directory.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, marketing or a related field is required.
- Three to five years of experience in communication, marketing or public relations is required.
- Valid driver’s license.
The successful candidate will have the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships, possess critical thinking skills, strong project management and planning skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
Click for full communication coordinator job description
If you meet the qualifications above and have an interest in this position, please attach a cover letter, resume and provide salary requirements with your application. Qualified candidates will be contacted by the association’s human resources department or the hiring manager.
Indiana Electric Cooperatives is an equal opportunity employer.