The Manager of Strategic Intelligence is tasked with building a deeper understanding of the evolving energy industry, financial market, and competitor landscape while identifying business and organization opportunities to support Hoosier Energy’s mission, goals, and member systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide context and rationale by conducting strategic analyses with an in-depth understanding of industry trends.
- Understand and report on how others within the industry are addressing common problems and assessing if it could add value for Hoosier Energy and our member systems.
- Follow non-electric utility industry participants and search for business practices and strategies that could impact Hoosier Energy.
- Study and report on potential strategies that Hoosier Energy could adopt to add value for member systems. Identify industries and/or organizations that provide access to new types of business opportunities, innovations, approaches, and practices that Hoosier may join or learn from.
- Perform industry, competitor, and customer analysis; monitor and evaluate the impact of trends; watch for key opportunities and barriers; gather quantitative and qualitative data; conduct analysis with forward looking insight.
- Deliver insightful business analysis and research that evaluates the financial, market, and regulatory environments through the lens of various stakeholders including end users.
- Incorporate industry and macro-economic trends into consistently evolving view of the corporate mission.
- Follow ESG trends throughout the economy and even globally. Identify what those mean for Hoosier Energy and our member cooperatives and how they could influence or form the basis for Hoosier Energy’s policies and processes in the future.
- Facilitate the identification, planning, and execution of Hoosier Energy’s ESG goals and priorities. Provide daily leadership within the organization in the development and implementation of our ESG goals and priorities.
- Assist the Communications Department in the identification, development, and implementation of ESG messaging in relevant Hoosier Energy publications, social media, and other related resources.
- Evaluates efficacy of sustainability programs; recommends and implements improvements as necessary.
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation and records including budgets and other financials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, data science, or related discipline minimum
- 5 years’ related experience minimum.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled at taking charge, tracking, and facilitating completion of multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills to identify, anticipate, and resolve problems at hand
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team
- Strong consultative skills and abilities
- Demonstrated level of professionalism, positive attitude, and ability to motivate others
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creativity to find new solutions and ability to react quickly to changing situations
- Strong leadership skills and abilities
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of federal, state and other applicable laws and regulations that govern generation and transmission utilities
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes; ability to develop planning tools and templates
- Skilled in developing strategies, processes, and systems to drive best practices within assigned areas of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran