We value employees that have a desire to learn and provide reimbursement funds for continuing education. We’re also committed to in-house training and ongoing development.
At NineStar Connect we offer a competitive array of benefits that include 401k matching, medical and life insurance along with profit sharing and various service discounts.
We offer a variety of wellness programs with paid incentives as well as on-site fitness centers available at each office location.
This position is within the Telecom Operations Department. Outside Plant Technicians perform various functions in the transport and delivery of NineStar Connect services from the head-end to customer premise locations, as well as, between core network sites, over a principally fiber-optic network. This position includes installing, splicing, terminating, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting all types of OSP/ISP cables in varying climates and conditions. This is a Bargaining Unit Position with an Apprentice Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, splice, terminate, and test both OSP/ISP multi-strand/pair fiber-optic and shielded-twisted-pair (STP) cables.
- Troubleshoot and repair damaged, or non-compliant, fiber-optic strands and pairs as necessary to ensure network performance and reliability.
- Repair and maintain aerial and underground fiber optic and STP cables. This includes installing and removing aerial cables and strands, attaching hardware, and repairing lines as needed.
- Installing equipment and devices at customer termination/demarcation locations, as well as, preparing and installing network cabinet sites in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Mandatory after hours On-Call rotation schedule.
- Fiber-optic and STP cable structure, uses, and network components, as well as, “best-practices”.
- Various OSP/ISP network architecture and topology.
- Operating various types of vehicles and construction equipment.
- Effectively read, comprehend, and follow engineering specification schematic staking sheets and diagrams.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Professionally communicate with coworkers and various business contacts.
- Work independently while making technical decisions.
- Lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
Education and Experience:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years in network construction, operations / maintenance, or installation used for the delivery of data, video, and voice over various media.
- Possessing or ability to obtain a Class A CDL with Air Brake along with maintaining a clean driving record.
- Possession of BICSI Installer 2 Optical Fiber or Copper (INSTC or INSTF) or Technician (TECH) certifications are preferred.