Hendricks Power Cooperative is now accepting applications for the position of a full time Network Technician in Avon, Indiana. Hendricks Power is a rural electric cooperative which focuses on distributing electric service to members in four counties.
The Network Technician will be responsible to implement and support technologies for the company and employees. This includes providing employee technology assistance, setup, and support of desktops, laptops, iPads, phone system, and mobile devices. Other duties will include:
- Providing software support to all departments and employees,
- Maintaining security settings for the cooperative’s network.
- Providing disaster recovery platform support, maintenance, documentation, and testing.
- Providing support for the network monitoring both hardware and software.
- Providing support, verification, and quality control validation of the Meter Data Management System.
- Providing support for cybersecurity monitoring of devices and education for employees.
- Supporting all network equipment, fiber infrastructure, and network configurations.
- Maintaining technology inventory, PC’s, Network Equipment, and Wi-Fi Devices, etc.
- Maintaining warranty information for hardware and software.
- Providing end user training on software as needed.
- Providing support for the physical security systems.
- Performing IT on-call incidents after business hours
Preferred candidates will possess the qualifications listed below.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field (Information Technology, Information Sciences, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience with PC and Network Support.
- 3+ years of experience with Windows server/Active Directory.
- 3+ years of proven experience with a positive customer service interaction.
Personal & Position Qualifications
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision and frequent interaction with others, both in person and through phone, email, and written correspondence.
- Must have advanced proficiency using a computer, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, the internet, complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to meet project deadlines.
- Must demonstrate professionalism with a strong work ethic.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to describe and explain complicated or sensitive information, the ability to motivate others, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and strong listening skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, members, customers, and others.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and manage tasks and time effectively for self.
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be comfortable and skilled presenting to groups or working one-on one with employees and others.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a high level of initiative, strong interpersonal and organizational skills and is comfortable working independently. Standard office hours are 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Interested and potentially qualified applicants apply below.