Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You’ll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
- No Sweat – we offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, cash for gym fees and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a discounted Fitbit to keep you on track!
- Flex Time – our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
- Stay in School – we value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Keep it Casual – when you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office, and we make them look good!
- Work Hard, Play Hard – we reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to 5 weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who likes to crunch numbers and analyze data? If so, you may be a perfect fit for our Senior Financial Analyst position!
The purpose of this position is to lead in the development and preparation of budgets, forecasts, and other ad-hoc analysis as requested by the board of directors, managers, lenders, rating agencies, regulating authorities, and other parties interested in the financial performance of Wabash Valley Power Alliance.
- Develops, prepares, analyzes, and reviews budgets and forecasts in regard to all aspects of the financial statements. On an annual basis, loads the budget into the applicable financial system(s).
- Works as liaison with other departments internally to verify the data provided to us is properly modeled in Wabash Valley’s forecast, and the data we provide adequately allows them to manage their departmental budgets.
- Understands the projections of demand and energy requirements for the Member Systems of Wabash Valley Power and incorporates those projections into various aspects of the financial forecast.
- Coordinates and prepares the Integrated Resource Plan (every third year), which details Wabash Valley Power’s long-term plan to meet the demand and energy requirements of its members.
- Reviews actual-to-budget reports and assists in revising budgets for upcoming year. Determines practicality of costs incurred year-to-date, reevaluates power supply portfolio for impact, and applies adjustments to future costs when needed.
- Creates periodic financial analysis reports for management including information on variance analysis, rate studies, resource planning, and regulatory requirements.
- Works with team to develop and maintain electric utility production cost model (Plexos).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar field.
- A minimum of seven years progressive experience in a financial analysis/forecasting/modeling capacity required.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Previous utility experience.
- Strong analytical and financial skills: Able to gather relevant data using appropriate methodologies and analyze that data in such a manner that valid conclusions can be drawn that assist in making important business decisions; uses financial analysis to evaluate and identify desired financial directions.
- Accuracy, Accountability & Attention to Detail: Able to focus on results and ensure the accuracy and completeness of all financial statements and miscellaneous reporting.
- Project management and planning ability: Able to manage multiple projects; determines project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; develops plans that are effective in attaining established goals; creates detailed action plans; manages progress and implements mid-stream changes, as needed.
- Strong communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; conveys information effectively; listens well.
- High level of technology understanding: Able to quickly learn and understand technical aspects of the position; embraces technology; appreciates and understands a high level of complexity, technology and innovation.
- Motivation: Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to manage own time. Able to work effectively independently as well as a team member.