Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You’ll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
- No Sweat – we offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, cash for gym fees and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a discounted Fitbit to keep you on track!
- Flex Time – our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
- Stay in School – we value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Keep it Casual – when you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office, and we make them look good!
- Work Hard, Play Hard – we reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to 5 weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
The purpose of this position is assist the Lead Billing/Load Research Analyst and the Lead Billing Financial Analyst during monthly billing cycles, help maintain the MV-90 meter data collection system, help operate and maintain the WVPA Member power billing system and related documentation. Maintain the special programs (solar rider and renewable energy rider) and to serve as a primary back up for billing.
Main duties will include
- Operate and maintain the MV-90 metering system and the Power Billing System (PBS). This person will have responsibility for specific supplier data processing each month but will be back up for other supplier areas.
- Assist with billing of large retail industrial customers and work on metering communication issues and discrepancies.
- Check meters and address failed validations daily. Coordinate meter corrections with meter techs.
- Manage and maintain the documentation manuals for MV-90, PBS, DG customers, Solar rider, Renewable rider processes
- Manage and maintain the solar block program and the renewable energy requests from member systems
- Help maintain MV-WEB customer database daily and perform monthly data checks to ensure accuracy of billed data vs. data recorded in the WEB.
- Examine Daily operations reports and Prepare monthly load outages/transfers reports for all service areas (Duke, Ameren, AEP, IPL, Nipsco) during the billing process
- Assist with preparation of non-member and member portions of the quarterly Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) EQR filing
- Set up wind farm customers and solar customers for station power use in MV-90
- Work on special projects/reports as needed by Lead Billing/Load Research Analyst, Lead Billing Financial Analyst or Manager, Finance & Rates.
- Assist with load data requests (from various internal departments)
- Assist field engineers with metering set ups and troubleshooting.
- Manage DG contracts (includes coordination with Power Supply for contracts, set up in MV-PBS billing system, prepare monthly invoices to be paid to customers, send monthly statements to customers)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Information Technology or similar field required (or 5 years industry experience)
- Electric Metering knowledge preferred.
- Strong computer skills (including software and databases).
- MV-90 operations experience a plus.