Jasper County REMC is launching high-speed internet service; Connect: Internet by Jasper County REMC. We are looking for a Broadband Operations Support Specialist.
The Broadband Operations Support Specialist will perform a variety of functions to deliver broadband services to members in a timely and efficient manor, ensuring issues are discovered, documented, and resolved. The position will be a mix of Layer 2 Network Operations Support, Member Provisioning, and Facilities Records Management. We are looking for motivated, responsible and dedicated individuals interested in working with leading internet technologies. The position is primarily in the Network Operations Center, though some in the field work may arise time to time.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Manage configuration and security settings on CPEs
- Manage, monitor, and diagnose network issues; document and escalate issues proficiently
- Create and update network and member tickets proficiently
- Coordinate dispatch of field technicians to resolve customer issues and keep customer informed of estimated repair timelines
- Handle trouble escalations, provide coworker coaching as needed
- Work with GIS mapping processes to create and keep record of network extensions and fiber build-outs
- Coordinate construction efforts between internal resources, contractors, and employees
- Utilize all provided utilities, tools and applications; ensure a high level of service availability
- Update and maintain account records with accurate data
- Familiarity with PC, networking and electronics systems
- Basic understanding of IP address schemes, network fundamentals, network hardware and Wi-Fi networks, Email concepts and configuration
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; prioritize work flow, multitask, meet deadlines and remain flexible
- Network problem isolation and resolution skills
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to accuracy on all duties and responsibilities
- Self-starter who can find and resolve issues as they are identified.
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Member service oriented with passion for high member satisfaction and achieving operational excellence; ability to interact with all levels of staff, including senior management
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a background check and random drug test. NO felony records.
- Ability to work fulltime, overtime, and additional hours as required
Education / Work Experience:
- High School Degree (mandatory)
Preferred experience / skills:
- Network Management System (NMS) and monitoring applications
- GIS Mapping
- Light Coding
- Network Administration
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance
- Company Funded HSA
- 401k and Pension options
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Accepting applications for this position until September 28, 2022.