Parke County REMC is seeking an energy advisor to assist membership with energy conservation measures and programs using technical and analytical skills.
1. Provides on-site residential energy audits and/or investigates and analyzes members high
bill/high usage complaints.
2. Advises members on their equipment and/or fixtures, such as HVAC systems, that will
better control their electric power usage.
3. Coordinates and oversees Load Management programs and Rebates programs, including
State and G&T incentives.
4. Assists members in all aspects related to research, recommendations, and implementation of
alternative energy projects such as electric vehicles, batteries, generators, emerging
technology or other energy efficiency projects.
5. Maintains confidentiality of all company and membership information.
1. Share information regarding any load management programs or rebate programs that are
available to the membership.
2. Attends educational meetings to keep abreast of changes and new information to share with
3. Actively participates in and represents the coop within the service territory; 4-H projects and
4. Helps prepare budgets for Energy Advisor activities.
5. Assists with facility maintenance and coordinates with vendors for repairs and other
measures when needed.
6. Maintains office and area in a clean, orderly condition.
7. Observes all REMC policies, safety rules, and standards.
8. Completes all functions accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Attend industry-related programs or training, to obtain certifications or licenses for job-related duties.
10. Performs other duties assigned from time to time by the Supervisor or the CEO.
1. Must be able to work in a non-smoking office environment.
2. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
3. Does considerable sitting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, carrying, lifting, pushing,
and pulling, all in an office environment.
4. Must be able to travel to and enter members’ homes, businesses, etc., in the process of
performing the duties of the job. This may include entering crawl spaces, attics, and any
other area that may be pertinent to the job function.
1. Strong communication skills that create a good working relationship with the membership.
2. Strong math skills to calculate any comparisons in equipment or fixture energy usage.
3. Ability to work in a team environment and interact with immediate supervisor and coworkers.
4. Ability to analyze data and reports.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality with all member and business data.
6. Strong computer skills and proficient in using computer software applications such as word
processing, spreadsheets, and customer information systems.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Must be able to pass random drug and alcohol tests, driver’s license checks, and criminal
history background checks.
2. Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Indiana driver’s license.
3. Must be able to prove eligibility to work in the United States.
4. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
5. Must be willing and able to work some overtime as required.
1. 1 to 3 years of working experience.
2. An Associates Degree preferably in related field.
3. Knowledge of the cooperative business model.