EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. Valid Driver’s License.
Preferred: Utility engineering experience. Electric distribution modelling experience. System coordination protection experience. Experience with substation design and operation. Distribution line design experience. Power quality analysis experience. Experience with SCADA systems. Experience with electric metering. Familiarity with RUS construction standards. Database experience.
- Maintain working knowledge of all applicable codes, regulations and standards including the NESC, NEC, RUS, ANSI and safety standards.
- Knowledge of methods of electrical system design, construction, maintenance, and operations.
- Understands and adheres to the safety rules stated in the Northeastern REMC Safety Manual. Safety practices are followed on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of Northeastern REMC operations, policies, products and services.
- Excellent computer skills that will enable them to learn quickly any new applications and/or software. Continuously keeps up to date on various systems used.
- Network and personal computer software programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- SCADA and AMI systems.
- Good organization skills that accurately scopes the length and difficulty of tasks and/or projects. Able to set objectives and goals. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information, files and work in an organized manner.
- Effective communication skills that clearly and accurately provide information, resources, and services to the appropriate parties with patience and professionalism.
- Create quality work that consistently achieves desired outcomes with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems that is discussed by the project manager prior to assignment.
- Flexible, quick-learning individual that can adapt to any situation that may arise. Is able to contribute to the overall mission of the department by accurately assessing and understanding the projects at hand. Skills to evaluate and adjust approach when needed.
- Effective human relations allowing for the ability to work cross-functionally with many different departments and creates an inclusive place for team involvement inside and outside their department. Works cooperatively and effectively in diverse teams with the ability to resolve conflicts if necessary.
- Treats people with respect and keeps organizational commitments. Works ethically and with integrity. Displays a positive outlook and pleasant manner. Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
- Ability to use good judgement when making decisions, that are sound, accurate and supported by the reasoning and inclusion of appropriate people within an appropriate time-frame.
- Is a dependable worker that has the ability to be trusted or relied upon.
- Interact in a professional manner with all organizations associated with the REMC and maintain in good relations to all contacts.
JOB RESPONSIBILITES other reasonably related job duties may be assigned
- Conducts studies related to the design and planning of the distribution system including but not limited to protection coordination and planning studies.
- Manage construction and system improvement projects from conception to completion.
- Participates in determining system requirements for the distribution system, including construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Perform regular reviews and analyses to determine methods for improving safety, productivity, and continuity of electrical service.
- Assist with member service issues and needs by providing technical advice, interpretations of NREMC policies, and advising them on the constraints of our system.
- Prepare cost estimates for new services and relocates.
- Perform line design and staking duties.
- Assist with the maintenance of the SCADA and AMI systems.
- Assist with the selection and implementation of new technologies.
- Direct corrections to voltage, power factor, and load factor problems.
- Perform power quality studies.
- Assist with obtaining permits required for construction.
- Assist with work order and line inspections.
- Assist with activities related to system restoration due to storms or other disaster events as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This position requires a medium level of physical activity that includes lifting up to 50lbs. Visual acuity and precise overall motor skills.
This position is full-time and primarily works inside in an office setting. Can be subject to outside the office work as required. Traveling could include driving and walking on uneven, slippery, and rough surfaces at job sites. Occasionally travels to meetings, to include overnight, outside of NREMC service area.