Clark County REMC is currently seeking a full-time Emerging Technology Specialist to join our dynamic team of operations and engineers. If you would enjoy working in a collaborative environment for a company that truly appreciates its employees then Clark County REMC is looking for you.
Clark County REMC is a not for profit cooperative that has been serving members in Southern Indiana since 1939. Our service territory covers approximately 1900 miles of line and over 27 thousand members across the beautiful rolling countryside. We are located less than 10 miles north of the Louisville metropolitan area while still maintaining the best features of small town America. Our employees are respected community leaders and valued neighbors who share a passion for contributing to the quality of life in the communities we service. The area features excellent dining and entertainment opportunities, shopping, over 100 beautiful parks, 50 golf courses, and the great Ohio River.
As the Emerging Technology Specialist you will:
- Serve as Clark County REMC’s behind-the-meter renewable energy expert and the membership’s point of contact on emerging technologies, such as:
- Electric Vehicle Technology
- charging stations/infrastructure
- fleet electrification
- vehicle to grid (V2G) management
- adoption and penetration monitoring
- Renewable Energy (solar, wind)
- Battery Storage (residential, commercial, utility)
- Answer member questions and inquiries pertaining to installation of member-owned renewables, such as availability of and requirements for incentives, tariffs, net metering policies, estimated production, and the impact of the estimated production on energy bills, including the return on investment.
- Promote energy efficiency, demand reduction, and beneficial electrification through adoption and management of emerging technologies.
- Oversee and review the renewable generation interconnection process.
- Design, develop, and deliver educational curricula and training programs, including after normal workings hours as needed, using various forms and formats including, group discussions, lecture, simulations, and videos.
- Keep management team up to date on behind-the-meter renewable energy programs, emerging technologies, and funding opportunities.
- Research public policy, incentives, and subsidies including government grants that incorporates emerging technologies and engage key stakeholders as opportunities develop.
- Monitor new developments, trends, and best practices in emerging technologies. Recommend changes, initiatives, etc. to management for effective processes and procedures within the cooperative.
- Keep apprised of changes and developments in pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances and rules, as it relates to this position and take appropriate action to stay in compliance.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Initiate and manage projects and programs.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and frequent interaction with others, both in person and through phone, email, and written correspondence.
- Collaborate with cross-functional work groups.
- Communicate effectively with management, employees, members and others.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Present to groups of any size (employees and others) with comfort and skill.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to describe and explain complicated or sensitive information, as well as the ability to listen.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate intermediate-level proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
As an employee of Clark County REMC you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match, defined benefit Pension Plan, health, vision, and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance and HSA employer contributions.
- Paid time off including, holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Enjoyable work environment.
- Continuing education with some of the most reputable trainers in the industry.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required. Associate Degree in marketing, business, engineering, electrical systems, or related discipline preferred. Industry experience may be considered for a portion of the education preferences.
- Experience in public speaking, writing and account management is preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume by March 31st To: Clark County REMC Attn: Human Resources 7810 State Road 60 Sellersburg, IN 47172 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Clark County REMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.