Provides quality technology support to Hoosier Energy employees as end users, giving prompt and professional resolution of any problems with company standard hardware, software or network/communications tools or services. Performs a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provides support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoots computer problems, determines source and advises on appropriate action. Performs responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
Starting Pay: $20 – $22/hour depending on experience
This position is an ongoing managed outsource / long-term temporary position and the incumbent for this role will be employed long-term through a local staffing agency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff.
- Directs unresolved issues to the next tier of support.
- Conducts business with dedication to the compliance of network security and any compliance set forth by Hoosier Energy.
- Maintains loaner/training laptops which includes their physical location and updates.
- Monitors the status of helpdesk tickets, assigns and enters new tickets as needed.
- Provides Technical A/V/C Support for all of Hoosier Energy both in-house and off-site.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 year / Associate Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- A+, Security+ or other relevant IT certification preferred.
- HDI certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ technology support experience in a corporate environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in information technology and networking
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with professional A/V/C systems and equipment as well as data networking and producing effective, high quality video or other electronic communication media
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational and technical skills to include a high understanding of customer service.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment and exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills to resolve incidents quickly and consistently.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Awareness of core processes and best practices used in service and support.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Knowledge of service level agreements and standard operating procedures.
- Strong skill in audio visual support.
- Intermediate computer skills including relevant video systems and software.
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.