Are you technology driven with an understanding of design? Do you like the variety of working at a desk and working outside? If you have SCADA, power system knowledge, and enjoy collaboration, project management, and learning new systems, RushShelby Energy may be the place for you.
As a staff engineer, you will need to work across all departments to maintain and help improve total system reliability. This will include design and system analytics for our electric and fiber optic network as well as troubleshooting power quality issues.
RushShelby Energy REMC is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative with a great team of people who are dedicated to providing dependable, affordable electric service while expanding our service offerings to meet the growing needs and demands of our members. Located in Manilla, Indiana, RushShelby Energy has provided reliable electric service to our members since 1935 and currently serves power to over 14,000 meters across 9 counties in east central Indiana.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment and paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Defined benefit pension plan (you read that right – we still have an incredible pension plan!)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Fully funded Health Savings Account for employee
- Vision, Dental, and supplemental insurance coverages available
- Health and Wellness programs
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Education reimbursement options
- Supportive culture and a work/life balance
In this role you will be collaborating with all departments to create and maintain the distribution SCADA system.
Major responsibilities will include working to maintain and improve total system reliability and leading the collaborative efforts of engaging Operations, Engineering, and Information Technology (IT) to continually improve procedures and processes. This includes designing and maintaining continual system analytics for electric and fiber optic network, creating schedules for preventative maintenance, and maintaining proper documentation for all distribution equipment, analyzing work process improvements for system maintenance and continually make improvements to increase work efficiency, owning the distribution automation system(s), and troubleshooting member power quality issues. This position will also manage projects as directed by the VP of Engineering.
- Prepares drawings, material lists, and specifications for assigned distribution, protection, and communications systems in accordance with established standards and practices under the supervision of the VP of Engineering
- Prepares necessary paperwork and performs field measurements and calculations required for distribution and communications infrastructure.
- Creates and maintains the distribution SCADA system.
- Creates and updates distribution models, line models, and fabrication drawings to support the VP of Engineering.
- Recommends Work Plan improvements based upon engineering analysis/models
- Creates project estimates based upon established scopes and design standards and practices.
- Facilitates internal and external collaboration by maintaining effective channels of communication with other departments and divisions, as well as with transmission providers and interconnected utilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology preferred
- Associate Degree in Applied Sciences, Engineering Technology or technology related field required
- Two or more years of electric utility experience preferred
- Advanced computer and technological skills including MilSoft, NISC, GIS and various other staking and SCADA software preferred
- Other levels of experience may be considered including entry level engineer
Skills and abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships through face-to-face meetings as well as phone calls, email, text and other communication options.
- Strong intrapersonal skills and the ability to contribute and collaborate in a group setting
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying scopes and timelines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills to identify, anticipate and resolve problems
RushShelby Energy REMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.