South Central Indiana REMC (SCI REMC) is a not-for-profit electric distribution, member-owned cooperative. The cooperative is a leader in distribution technology and is headquartered in a new and progressive facility in Martinsville, Indiana. SCI REMC serves seven counties including Morgan, Monroe, Owen, Brown, Johnson, Putnam and Clay with over 3,542 miles of energized lines and 33,549 meters serving 28,007 members. SCI REMC is excited to add a fiber division and bring broadband services to its members’ homes and businesses. As SCI adds services for our members, we are searching for Member Services Design Specialist candidates in the Finance & Member Services Department to connect with our members using social media and other methods, plan our very important annual meeting each year and help achieve a high level of consumer satisfaction.
The main responsibilities of this position are focused around member and employee/team member communication and includes:
- Developing, designing and implementing communication plans, including the annual meeting to effectively communicate pertinent information externally with the Cooperative members to drive the mission of the cooperative.
- Designing and implementing general communication plans to effectively communicate internally with all employees of the Cooperative.
- Developing marketing and informational materials that effectively communicate and promote the efficient use of electricity and the various programs, products and services provided by the Cooperative, the SCI Fiber division plus subsidiary organizations. Oversee design, create production and distribution of all marketing and communication items purchased from outside vendors.
- Providing administrative support for SCI REMC products, services and programs
- Minimum of an associate degree or equivalent in marketing, graphics arts, communications or related field.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications is preferred.
- Minimum of four years of customer relations experience, communicating to large numbers of people effectively in related field
- Minimum of two years of designing or overseeing the creation of marketing designs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, typing, grammar, overall computer skills, and basic math.
- Experience with Adobe products including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator is preferred.
- Must be capable of developing and implementing communication plans to effectively communicate internally with SCI employees and externally with SCI members, associated organizations, and the general public.
- Experience with webpage design and creation and experience with social media is preferred.
- Ability to lead and coordinate team colleagues to reach a consensus on design decisions, timelines and expectations.
- Must be capable of organizing meetings and events such as the annual membership meeting, regional member meetings and other general meetings both internally and outside the Cooperative.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priority levels with demonstrated diligence, effective communication and efficiency.
- Ability to complete all work with high levels of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to take responsibility and initiative to proactively identify areas of opportunity for improvement and develop solutions.
- Must have the ability to effectively coordinate available resources. The ability to effectively communicate with others, both orally and in writing is essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and promote unity in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone and when replying to emails and written correspondence.
- Ability to maintain consistent work attendance and timeliness.
- Ability to embrace and manage change.
If you meet these qualifications, please click apply below and include a cover letter with salary expectations and a resume.
Please note: Completing a Predictive Index (PI) assessment is a part of the application process.
No phone calls, please!
SCI REMC is an EOE Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran