The Member Services Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Manager of Corporate Services with managing member services and education, public and community relations, key account relationships and ancillary product sales.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Assist managers as requested in overseeing the resolution of member issues.
- Assist with the development and management of the co-op website and all social media activity.
- Assist with communications of outages.
- Responsible for content of the monthly Indiana Connection magazine.
- Create and manage the implementation of the communication plan for the cooperative.
- Create written communication such as routine and non-routine member correspondence, press releases and newsletters for the cooperative.
- Assist Manager of Corporate Services with public relations activities for the cooperative.
- Assist the management team in conducting information and communication programs for cooperative employees and members.
- Promote and support energy efficiency/ conservation programs and assist Managers with members by helping to answer energy issues, concerns and questions.
- Assist Billing Representative and Manager of Corporate Services with all co-op rebate programs.
- Assist Administrative Assistant with all activities associated with co-op annual membership meeting.
- Assist Manager of Corporate Services and Hoosier Energy key account representative with managing all key account activity.
- Manage youth programs for the cooperative such as, Touchstone Energy Camp, Youth Tour and other opportunities the cooperative provides to youth. Assist with setting up a schedule for youth safety programs.
- Coordinate, promote and keep records for all marketing and member service activity within the co-op and generate monthly reports to the GM and Manager of Corporate Services measuring their overall effectiveness.
- Assist in preparation and monitor department budget.
- Serve on local community boards and committees to promote the cooperative and support the local community.
- Assist with economic development activities of the co-op.
- Promote goodwill between the cooperative, the member/consumer and general public.
- Participate in statewide member services section meetings.
- Participate in Hoosier Energy marketing and member services meetings.
- Continue to increase knowledge skills and abilities to carry out the DMREMC objectives and goals.
- Assist with other departments’ initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an equivalent of the following education and/or experience:
- Associate’s degree in communication, marketing, business or a related field is required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in communications, marketing, sales, and or public relations is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Technical/ Computer/ Office Equipment
- Advanced proficiency using a computer, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, the Internet, complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to take digital photos and edit using Photoshop.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including printers, copiers, adding machines, fax machines, calculators and phones.
- Ability to prepare records, letters, reports and other formal documents.
- Ability to adhere to cyber-security protocols established by the cooperative.
Communication and Relationship Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to describe and explain complicated or sensitive information, the ability to negotiate with and motivate others, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and strong listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work closely with members, other employees, community leaders and businesses on a regular basis.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding member financial information and other sensitive information.
- Comfortable and skilled in presenting to groups on behalf of the cooperative.
Analytical and Judgment Skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to make judgments based on interpretation of information and when others’ opinions may be in conflict.
- Ability to make informed decisions efficiently and effectively.
- Strong ability to work with limited oversight.
Planning and Organizational Skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage tasks and time effectively.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently in conjunction with other offices, organizations and/or departments.
- Strong mathematical abilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The environmental and physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to work in a flexible and deadline-oriented office environment.
- Ability to work in the evenings, as needed.
- Ability to travel overnight, as needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; frequently required to take action based on own interpretation of policies.
- Ability to sit and stand for periods of time and to operate computer work station and to move intermittently throughout the workday within or between departments or facilities.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good hearing, dexterity, feeling, and good eyesight, including the use of peripheral vision.
- Ability to speak clearly.
- Ability to interact frequently with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
Daviess-Martin County REMC is a not-for-profit electric utility committed to providing safe, reliable electricity and quality services for our 7,000 plus members, at a reasonable cost, in Daviess, Martin and neighboring counties in southern Indiana.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.