This is a temporary position until approximately May 2023.
Performs assigned projects and routine procedures or tasks primarily involving the operation, inspection, checking and status-reporting of assigned equipment or systems, for the purpose of contributing to the overall safety, continuity, and efficient operation of the power plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews, at the start of each assigned shift, the operating reports of the previous shift concerning assigned plant equipment and verifies such information by personal inspection; completes the prescribed written reports with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible for the performance of the necessary steps and procedures concerning the operation, lubrication, inspection, checking and status-handling system.
- Inspects, lubricates and cleans assigned equipment, on a regular basis, in accordance with schedules and specifications, to include: fly ash silo building (baghouses, air locks, truck unloaders, aeration blowers, transfer blowers, and LF load center), intermediate surge tank and associated equipment, all sump pumps in FGD area, routine and emergency module wash-downs, air compressor and dryer condensate receivers, and freeze protection systems.
- Performs housekeeping chores in and around assigned work areas.
- Works a rotating “swing” shift schedule and reports for work in a timely and dependable fashion.
- Learns the Plant Clearance Permit System and plant safety practices.
- Maintains appropriate channels of communication and cooperation with personnel from other departments and reports any abnormal or potentially dangerous conditions to the appropriate supervisor(s) in a responsible and timely fashion.
- Makes suggestions to the FGD shift supervisor about any practices, procedures, requirements, or improvements to facilitate work efficiencies or cost improvements.
- Responsible for the proper utilization, maintenance and security of assigned tools, equipment, and work areas.
- Acts in an exemplary manner; maintains and promotes safe practices and procedures; assists in the organization of appropriate training sessions, safety meetings and first-aid classes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of High School or GED
- Demonstrate potential, either through work experience or education, success in electrical, mechanical and/or control operational occupations
Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude; dependable and cooperative
- Power plant environment, rotating shift work schedule and may require extended hours
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)