If you want to work for a company that truly cares about the safety of our line workers and all team members and that treats you as an individual with respect and appreciation, respond on our website and consider joining the SCI team/cooperative family.
South Central Indiana REMC (SCI REMC) is a not-for-profit electric distribution, member-owned cooperative. The cooperative is a leader in distribution technology and is headquartered in a new and progressive facility in Martinsville, Indiana. SCI REMC serves seven counties including Morgan, Monroe, Owen, Brown, Johnson, Putnam, and Clay with over 3,542 miles of energized lines and 33,549 meters serving 29,000 members. SCI REMC also has a fiber division that offers broadband services to its members’ homes and business
Successful candidates will meet the qualifications listed below, including possessing a valid Class A CDL and must live in or relocate to the Morgan County vicinity or in a close proximity in the SCI service area.
The general objectives for this position include:
- to install or remove distribution poles, line conductors and related devices, transformers and associated equipment, services and meters, and security light equipment.
- to repair and maintain poles, conductors, and associated equipment.
- to assist in training and instructing Apprentice Line worker.
- to handle emergency patrolling, switching and service restoration operations and to perform other related work.
SCI REMC offers excellent benefits including a pension plan, 401(k) matched savings, healthcare, HSA with a generous employer contribution and much more. Joining the co-op family will prove to be a welcoming, friendly experience where employees are focused on providing the best service to all members and subscribers. Join this unique, not-for-profit business that truly values employees and encourages life-long learning and development.
** QUALIFICATIONS **
- High school diploma or applicable equivalent, preferably supplemented by courses in electrical circuits, wiring diagrams and related equipment equivalent to three months of full-time study.
- Must be credited with 8,000 hours OJT in the HEATS program or an equivalent apprenticeship training program.
- Minimum of four years of experience as a Line worker Apprentice or equivalent, of which one year should have been as Line worker Apprentice-4th Year. Experienced Journeyman Line worker working in a distribution system preferred.
- Must have a good working knowledge of line work and a general familiarity with substations, existing voltages, and service area, preferably with a rural system.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with safety policies and practices associate with a Line worker position, particularly with respect to taking equipment out of service and holding for clearance and restoring to service, and must be alert, resourceful, and capable of carrying out responsibilities involved in this work and be able to make quick and correct decisions in emergencies.
- Must have demonstrated ability to comprehend and communicate written and verbal instructions in a manner that will obtain cooperation and satisfactory work results.
- Must have indicated ability to work on own initiative, to lead and cooperate with other employees, to train and instruct Apprentice Linemen.
- Must have demonstrated ability to use tact in dealing with employees and members (customers).
- Must be able to walk and drive on rough terrain and work outside in all types of weather.
- Must be able to climb poles and perform required construction and maintenance work at pole top, including certified in pole top rescue.
- Must have a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License and meet DOT regulations
- Must be able and willing to work overtime as needed, especially when needed to restore power during outages.
- Must live within an acceptable distance from the headquarters and in the service area.
SCI REMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Female/Disabilities/Veterans
If you are Interested in this great opportunity and meet the qualifications above, please apply.