Do you find yourself counting sheep as you fall asleep?
Great! But not good enough.
When you count those sheep, do you also record their size, shape, and fluffiness of wool to determine what the future of the flock may look like?
You’ve almost got it.
Do you then present that data to the shepherd in your dream, so he can make the best decisions regarding your future slumber?
Perfect! LaGrange County REMC has just the job for you.
Your local electric cooperative is seeking a driven and detail-oriented Financial Analyst to support the co-op in analyzing its current financial status, including rates, assets, and sales, while also forecasting its financial future.
We are looking for someone who is not only a numbers guru, but also relishes digging deep into how our financials will impact our members and the future of the cooperative.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Producing financial statements, budgets, reports, summaries, projections, and related analysis.
- Conducting financial assessments on strategic corporate decisions and communicating the organization’s current and projected financial condition to management.
- Conducting and presenting a cost of service study annually.
- Projecting accounting data to show the effects of proposed plans on capital investments, income, cash position and overall financial condition.
- Maintaining and forecasting asset management of plant accounting, depreciation, and reconciliation.
- Monitoring the status and rates of loans for borrowing and repricing and ensuring that payments are current.
- Staying informed on new regulations to determine the impact on the cooperative.
- Superior skills in creating and manipulating spreadsheets to analyze financial data.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, tax laws and reporting requirements.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage tasks and time effectively.
- Strong mathematical abilities, including the application of algebra and geometry in working with probabilities and statistical inferences, processing data, and using a calculator.
- Skilled in gathering relevant data using appropriate methods and analyzing that data in such a manner that valid conclusions can be drawn, assisting in making important business decisions.
- Can anticipate strategic risks and develop appropriate financial plans and projections accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated or sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and listen and retain information.
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
At LaGrange County REMC, we value our employees and our members as our family. We work and live in the same community, and we are focused on helping it thrive. We want someone with that same drive and energy, as well as a fun and positive daily outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or similar field required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a financial planning and analysis capacity required.
- Previous electric utility experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Rural Utility Service (RUS) Accounting Standards is preferred.
LaGrange County REMC’s mission is to provide affordable and reliable electric service to our members, and we’re looking for someone who enthusiastically aligns with that goal.
LaGrange County REMC is a Touchstone Energy Cooperative that maintains more than 600 miles of line and distributes reliable electric service to about 7,000 members within LaGrange County and bordering areas of Elkhart, Noble and Steuben counties.
Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
LaGrange County REMC is an equal opportunity employer.