Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You’ll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
- No Sweat – We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
- Flex Time – Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
- Stay in School – We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
- Keep it Casual – When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
- Work Hard, Play Hard– We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
What You’ll Do
We are seeking applicants for a Manager of Human Resources. This person will be part of a team that oversees all aspects of the human resources practices and processes at Wabash Valley Power.
You will also be responsible for:
- Managing and facilitating the recruitment and selection process.
- Acting as a business partner to the employees to provide continuous improvement in human resource practices and relations.
- Championing the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Guiding management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values.
- Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary and termination procedures.
- Assisting with the performance management and review process.
- Serve as back up for payroll and benefit processing.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
You love to exceed expectations, apply active listening skills to generate solutions and promptly respond to employees’ requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a constructive approach to understanding the needs of situations and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or similar field required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP required
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in human resources
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, and interpersonal skills
- Adept at problem solving and conflict resolution
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems.
- Some prior experience in a supervisory role responsible for monitoring the work and development of others.