The Information Technology (I.T.) Specialist is responsible for administering, maintaining and troubleshooting the Cooperative’s computers, servers and technology systems.
- Administer, maintain, setup and troubleshoot the Cooperative’s computer, server, network, telecom, cybersecurity, AMI and GIS systems.
- Administer, maintain, setup and troubleshoot the Cooperative’s LAN, WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS and VPN systems.
- Perform hardware and/or software updates, upgrades and maintenance on computers, servers, iOS devices and other technology systems.
- Maintain the Cooperative data backup system and perform restorations as needed.
- Learn and maintain the Cooperative’s ESRI-based GIS system.
- Contribute to the Cooperative’s ongoing Information Technology and Operational Technology needs, goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the technology-side of the Cooperative’s facility systems, such as fire, security, surveillance systems, etc.
- Contribute to the development of new technology initiatives.
- Contribute to the technical/programming aspects of the Cooperative’s website.
- Perform hardware and/or software updates, programming and troubleshooting for the Cooperative’s substation AMI and communication equipment.
- Program, test and repair single-phase and three-phase meters and AMI modules for deployment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an equivalent of the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Technology certifications highly preferred, i.e. Microsoft, Cisco.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a computer/systems related field.
- Valid Driver’s License
Click IT Systems Specialist-Daviess-Martin County REMC for a full job description.
If you meet the qualifications above and are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and include your resume and a cover letter.