Located in Monticello, Indiana, Carroll White REMC is an innovative, not-for-profit, member-owned electric cooperative located 30 miles north of Lafayette, Indiana. We provide superior energy and related services to nearly 15,000 families, farms, schools, and businesses. Our culture is driven by the cooperative philosophy and the understanding that we are owned by those who work and live in our communities. Rather than delivering profits to a board room, we are invested in and committed to ensuring our communities thrive.
Our headquarters is located near one of Indiana’s largest tourist attractions, Indiana Beach, and home to two of the state’s largest boating and fishing lakes. We are located in the State of Indiana’s largest county for renewable energy.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we put our members first and value things like community service, teamwork. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You’ll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
- We offer a wellness program that includes an on-site fitness center for your convenience and well-being challenges.
- You are endowed up to three volunteer service days a year as we are passionate about enhancing our communities.
Stay in School
- We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education.
Work Hard, Play Hard
- We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
What You’ll Do
We are seeking applicants for an Administrative Support Coordinator. This person will be responsible for performing a wide variety of complex administrative and office support functions at Carroll White REMC.
You will also be responsible for:
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values.
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of board meeting reports. Attend the monthly meetings of the Board of Directors and reports on department information. Assists with minutes of the meeting.
- Assists all departments as needed with document organization, managing data information and committee meetings.
- Act as a liaison to internal and external contacts, answer inquiries and respond and/or resolve a variety of issues
- Responsible for departmental budgeting including estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends; aligning budget resources, developing action plan, measuring, and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions; changing assumptions and directions.
- Assemble pertinent background material for meetings, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Oversee awards and retirement banquets and other special events.
- Assist with employee and Director benefit and Wellness programs. Provide guidance and answer questions as it relates to these programs and implement new programs as necessary.
- Actively participate in succession planning
- Serves as back up to administrative assistant and HR specialist
- Your Strengths
You love to exceed expectations, apply active listening skills to generate solutions and promptly respond to employees’ requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a constructive approach to understanding the needs of situations and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
- This position requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
- 5 years of experience or a 2-year associate or technical degree