Supports the engineering activities and manages the operations technology (SCADA, Outage Management System, DERMS, ADMS, AMI, GIS, Load Management Program, and Distribution Automation etc.) of the Cooperative by applying technical knowledge, sound engineering judgment, and skill to ensure that the systems meet the present and future requirements of the Cooperative, while producing safe, efficient and dependable service to its members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and maintains operations technology (SCADA, Outage Management System, NISC Operations Analytics, GIS and various distribution automation systems)
- Assures effective utilization of various operations and engineering technologies across the organization.
- Provides technical assistance in systems design, integration and maintenance of technical upgrades. Includes implementation of new systems, identification and resolution of existing problems.
- Responsible for maintaining and creating various engineering models and analytic tools.
- Responsible for maintaining wireless radio communications to external devices such as trucks, substations, and distribution automation equipment. This position will work with IT department to maintain and establish system wide communication capabilities.
- Assists with preparing the annual work plan through consideration of system analysis planning activities.
- Manages and coordinates routine maintenance/testing of metering equipment & special equipment such as regulators, cap banks, electronic re-closures, etc.
- Occasionally work with Field Engineers. May perform some staking duties & some GIS support activities.
- Stays abreast of new technologies that will benefit the cooperative’s efficiency including potential engineering and distribution system services. Provides recommendations on requirements, costs, and impacts.
- Communicates effectively with members, management, government agencies, employees and personnel from other companies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- May be on Management Watch during a designated period of time during the month, to be called in to assist crews in an outage or emergency.
- Provides support for other departments as assigned by Management.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and attain the position objective. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electrical Computer Engineering/Power Engineering
- Must be able to acquire a PE in the future.
- Project Management experience and/ or certifications preferred.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office, Database Management (Access, SQL, Oracle) ESRI., NISC preferred
- Must have experience in working with SCADA Systems preferably OSI.
- A positive attitude and pleasant demeanor to both members and coworkers.
- Ability to listen, understand problems, and communicate solutions in person, electronically and over the phone with members, customers and employees to explain engineering and operations related issues.
- Ability to handle emotionally charged situations in a controlled manner.
- Ability to understand and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to multi-task and work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A proficiency in the English language and its proper usage. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information effectively in small group situations to members, customers and other employees of the organization.
- Must adhere to Company Safety Rules.
- Must be able to travel overnight for training.
- Must be able to drive and maintain a current Indiana driver’s license.
This position requires some days out of the office meeting with members, visiting job sites and travelling in a vehicle. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
Frequently – see, talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, type, feel and reach with hands and arms.
Occasionally – stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, crawl, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate when working in the office areas, and usually moderate when working in the outdoor environment.
Bartholomew County REMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer